Let’s Work Together to Pass Issue 1A
The Yes for Open Space campaign is co-chaired by Minturn Mayor Matt Scherr and Bob Schultz, the Roaring Fork Valley representative to the county’s Open Space Advisory Committee. The campaign is asking for support from community members, business owners, elected officials, community organizations and nonprofits to ensure the passage of Issue 1A.
There are many ways for community members to support Issue 1A and the Yes for Open Space campaign:
- Make a donation to the campaign online or send it to Yes for Open Space, P.O. Box 1647, Eagle, CO 81631.
- Fill out the online endorsement form to add your name to the campaign’s supporters. Ask your family members, neighbors and co-workers to support Open Space by signing the endorsement. And don’t forget to check the box and add your contact information to volunteer.
- Learn more about Issue 1A and the county’s Open Space program by downloading the campaign’s fact sheet.
- Write a letter to the editor to one of our local newspapers. Here are some quick links to send a letter to the editor:
Tips for a successful Letter to the Editor:
- Focus your letter—Shorter is better and generally 200 words are recommended.
- Follow the newspaper’s guidelines.
- Open with a strong statement, and be sure to place the most important information at the beginning. Often, letters are edited to fit the space available—most often they are cut from the bottom up.
- Use a personal story or illustration to make your point.
- Tie your letter to recent news article or a prior letter to the editor, and, if you do so, reference the title and date of the article in your letter. If you are referring to a newspaper article, send your letter as soon as possible after an article has been published in the paper.
- In your signature line include your name, daytime and evening telephone numbers, email address, and mailing address so the paper can verify that you wrote the letter. Some editors may write or call to confirm your information. Only your name and city will be published.